Kia ora koutou
My name is Guy Te Kiniwe Royal and I’m acting as Interim General Manager of Te Runanga following the departure of Butch Bradley.
I’m from Ngati Raukawa ki te Au Tonga, Parehauraki and Ngapuhi. I live in Porirua with my wife Jen (Te Ati-Haunui a Paparangi) and my three children Toi, Te Ao Marama and Amokura. In my professional career I am a Director of Tuia Group, who are specialist business consultants to the Māori sector. I work with a wide range of Iwi groups around the country.
I’m working in a part-time capacity to help the Office and the Board while we seek to recruit new management, as well as other resources we think we might need for Te Runanga.
Other key projects I’m focusing on with the Board are:
- Ensuring our AGM and SGM run well
- Running an engagement programme with you as Ngati Apa Iwi to try to understand how the Runanga can really add value to you and your whānau (to be launched after the AGM)
- Helping to redesign the office of Te Runanga so it delivers its services more efficiently and expands to meet growing expectations
- If approved by the Iwi, implement the changes to the Trust Deeds and Group
- Oversee the implementation of capitalising the commercial entity NAIL
I’m keen to hear from Ngāti Apa members as to how you think the Runanga is going and what you would like to see in the future for the Runanga and Ngati Apa ki Te Ra To Iwi.
I’ll be at the Whānau Day and AGM with my daughter Amokura and look forward to meeting with you all. If you see me, please come up and say kia ora.
Alternatively, you can get hold of me through the Runanga office if you have any questions or want to give me your general views on the Runanga or the Iwi.
Kia piki te mauri,